People engage with video much more easily than they do with the written word, or even with images. Video makes things far more real, adding sound and moving images; viewers can see products from all angles, they can see 360 degree views of a place, get a sense of perspective, of atmosphere, of real people doing real things.
With the help of video, brands can educate their target audience about what they do and how they do it; they can tell their story and connect with their customers on a deeper level.
If you still need convincing on the essential role of video, here are a few of the statistics on its benefits revealed in 2011 market research, which demonstrate how the immediacy of video translates into verifiable results:
- Retail site visitors who view video stay two minutes longer and are 64% more likely to make a purchase than other site visitors. (Comscore, August 2011)
- Retails websites with video increase conversion by 30% and boost their average ticket by 13%. (Specialty retail report, September 2011)
- Video in email marketing has been shown to increase click through rates by over 96%. (Implix, email marketing survey 2011)
- With proper optimization, video increases the chance of a front-page Google result by 53 times. (Forrester, January 2011)
- Rich media ads containing video increase purchase intent by 4.16% and drive success more than four times that of Flash animation. In addition to the increase in purchase intent, video ads appear to increase consumer brand loyalty. (DoubleClick, June 2011)
WELCOME TO DEEP’S CREATIVE BLOGHere we will discuss ideas, share our latest projects, and just appreciate the awesome design found around us, in our lives or further afield. At Deep we live, breathe and talk design. Engage with us!